Buying, Selling & Refinancing
For over 3 decades, Darrel N. Hotz has been helping the residents of Durham Region, Toronto, and the surrounding Greater Toronto Area with their real estate needs.
How can we help you?
Residential Home Sale
Residential Home Sale – $899.00*
Includes all legal fees, disbursements.
*HST not included in this figure
Residential Home Purchase
Residential Home Purchase – $1,349.00**
Includes all legal fees, disbursements, and title insurance, for properties valued up to $500,000.00.
**Rate does not include, HST, Provincial Land Transfer Tax, Municipal Land Transfer Tax (City of Toronto only) or Registration Fees.
Residential Home Refinancing
Residential Home Refinancing $799.00***
***Includes all legal fees and disbursements. Registration Fees and HST are not included in this figure.
Title insurance rates are for mortgages between $100K and $750K.
(For larger mortgages, cost will be slightly higher – please contact us directly for a custom quote.)
- Purchase Price: The full price of property
- Down Payment: The amount of money you are going to put down on the property (contact your Lender for information on minimum down payment)
- Mortgage Term: The amount of years you will hold the mortgage over
- Interest Rate: Given by Lender
- Property Tax: Total property tax you will pay in a year
- Property Insurance: Insurance for the home per year
- PMI: Private mortgage insurance percentage. Lenders may require if your down payment is less than 20%.
Provincial Land Transfer Tax (Ontario)
PLTT – Provincial Land Transfer Tax
Land Transfer Tax is payable, by the purchaser, to the Province of Ontario on registration of the Transfer. Calculations, based on different property values, are outlined below.
Provincial Land Transfer Tax (excluding the City of Toronto)
Examples of PLTT calculations:
|$55,000.00 to $250,000.00||Purchase price x 1%, less $275.00|
|$250,000.00 to $400,000.00||Purchase price x 1.5%, less $1,525.00|
|Over $400,000.00||Purchase price x 2%, less $3,525.00|
MLTT – Municipal Land Transfer Tax. Non-residential properties.
Effective March 1, 2017, the MLTT rate for non-residential properties has increased as follows:
- 1.0% to 1.5% of the value of the property which exceeds $250.000.00, up to and including $400,000.00
- 1.0% to 2.0% of the value of the property which exceeds $400.000.00
MLTT – Municipal Land Transfer Tax – City of Toronto
|$55,000.00 to $400,000.00||purchase price x 1%, less $275.00|
|Over $400,000.00||purchase price x 2%, less $3,725.00|
Exclusion – First time home buyers:
1. PLTT – Provincial Land Transfer Tax – exemption up to $4,000.00
2. MLTT – Municipal Land Transfer Tax, an additional tax for properties in the City of Toronto – exemption up to $4,475.00
When I sold our home I used Darrel’s services to close the sales transaction. We had a last-minute issue and Darrel went out of his way to resolve the issue and educate the seller’s lawyer on how to finalize the transaction. He was able to solve the problem, eliminate any stress and put all parties at ease. Darrel always presents himself in a professional manner, with a positive attitude. I have referred several clients to Darrel and he is also handling my purchase of our new home. Darrel is OUR lawyer now and we are fortunate to know him.